DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE THE GRAND CHAMP?
OVER 420 GROWERS & SQUISHERS FROM MISSOURI, ILLINOIS, AND MICHIGAN WILL COMPETE FOR TWO $10,000 CASH PRIZES
AKA CANNABIS FLOWER
$10,000 CASH PRIZE
AKA SOLVENTLESS ROSIN
$10,000 CASH PRIZE
Cannifest is excited to announce the GROW & SQUISH, a first-of-its-kind competition for home and commercial growers in Missouri, Illinois, and Michigan. Over 420 growers and squishers from MO, IL, and MI will compete for GRAND CHAMP GROW & GRAND CHAMP SQUISH with both grand champs taking home $10,000 cash + other prizes including the coveted CANNIFEST TROPHY! We’ll also be awarding GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE for four categories: Best Home Grow, Best Home Squish, Best Commercial Grow, Best Commercial Squish. Award ceremony will take place in Jan 2022 at Cannifest Chicago.
Registration for the Grow + Squish will open August 28 – and if you are one of the first 100 growers or squishers to sign up to compete, you will receive a FREE VIP CHICAGO PASS ADD ON to your entry (valued at $250+). This VIP Pass includes a day pass & after party ticket to Cannifest Chicago, all access VIP entry to the event, a meet & greet session with the Cannifest Grow + Squish judges at Cannifest Chicago, food + drink tickets, access to the VIP viewing lounge, and a Cannifest swag bag.
REGISTRATION OPENS AUG 28
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Must be a grower / squisher 18+ in MISSOURI, ILLINOIS, or MICHIGAN to enter, compete, and win.
- The entry fee for home growers or squishers is $200 and includes (1) entry to the grow & squish competition and a ticket to Cannifest Chicago in Jan 2022. The entry fee for commercial growers or squishers is $500 and includes (1) entry to the grow & squish competition, 2 tickets to Cannifest Chicago, and a social media shoutout (Instagram) that your company/brand has joined the competition.
- You can grow OR squish OR grow and squish – you don’t have to enter both, but you can if you want (1 registration fee). You must grow your own flower AND press your own solventless rosin to enter the squish portion of the competition.
- If you are entering the GROW: you must submit 1 oz of dried flower for judging.
If you are entering the SQUISH: you must submit 10 grams of solventless rosin with a ½ oz of dried flower for judging.
- Sample drop offs are due Nov 19, 20, 21st. There will be five drop off locations divided between the three states (Missouri, Illinois, and Michigan). You are responsible for getting your sample to the drop off location within the three day window (Nov 19,20,21). More information will be sent mid-October regarding specific drop off locations for your state.
- This is a JUDGES CHOICE AWARD based on the opinions, preferences, and expertise of CANNABIS LEGENDS and ENTHUSIASTS using THE GANJIER STANDARD as baseline criteria. Please note: all samples WILL receive purity testing prior to judges sampling, so keep it clean and keep it green!
- There will be 1 GRAND CHAMP for GROW and 1 GRAND CHAMP for SQUISH. The prizes for the GRAND CHAMPS include $10,000 cash, the Cannifest Trophy, and other grow gear/supplies from our sponsors. The Grand Champs will be announced at Cannifest Chicago in January 2022.
- We will also announce the GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE winners for HOME GROW, COMMERCIAL GROW, HOME SQUISH, and COMMERCIAL SQUISH. These 12 winners will receive prize packs from our sponsors including grow gear and supplies.
- The 12 winners and the 2 Grand Champs will be contacted via email prior to Cannifest Chicago that they are in the finals – but you’ll have to be in Chicago to find out who the winner is!
- Registration officially opens to all on Saturday, August 28 at 12:00 PM PST. Grow and Squish registration closes on November 19 at 12:00 PM PST.
- Competition registration form must be completed and entry fee must be paid to be considered officially “IN IT TO WIN IT”. Please do not forget to complete your registration form. Please note: the email you use to pay your entry fee *must* be the same email you use for registration, and we will use that email to communicate with you throughout the competition. Please ensure this is a working email you can access.