Humboldt Green is pleased to announce that we are continuing a tradition that began last year by throwing the second annual Humboldt Cannabis Job Fair. The future of regulated commercial cannabis will provide great employment opportunities for the local economy, and harnessing this growth for the betterment of our community is our goal at Humboldt Green.
At this year’s Cannabis Job Fair, we will lead a resume building and interview workshop for employment applicants.
Beyond the green hills, pure water, and lush valleys of Humboldt County, we believe our most precious resource is the social capital that has grown within our community through years of innovation, experimentation, and cooperation. Master cultivators, breeders, trimmers, cannabis product innovators and producers, along with general contractors, architects, engineers, accountants, and electricians, will need to depend on each other’s skills and services so that we all may prosper in the years to come. Through events like Cannifest, and the Cannabis Job Fair, Humboldt Green is putting our specialists on a pedestal so that we can show the world what has been growing behind the Redwood Curtain.
The Cannabis Job Fair will be held at the Main Stage building on the second day of Cannifest, Sunday April 16, from 11am to 1pm. Please note that there will be 4 stages of Cannifest Talks going on and your ticket includes these educational and community building events.
Humboldt Cannabis Job Fair Schedule
Sunday April 16 from 11am to 1pm in the Main Stage:
- 11pm – Introduction by Humboldt Green Representative
- Explain purpose and schedule of Job Fair
- Discussion about the changing industry and the opportunities available for skilled, knowledgeable workers.
- 11:10 – Guest Speaker(s)
- 11:30 – Resume Building Workshop
- Pass out resume examples and discuss the do’s and don’ts of resume building.
- 11:45 – Interview Skills Workshop
- Lecture on interview skills.
- Mock Interviews with Humboldt Green Representative.
- 12:00 – Breakout Session with Featured Businesses
- Participants can mingle and talk with the business owners who they connected with.
- Employees submit resumes to businesses
- 1pm – Thank Everyone for attending.
Vendors get a table as part of their vending package. For non-vendors, the price for employers to reserve a table at the Job Fair is $120. This includes TWO-2 day passes to Cannifest (a $130 value). You will have a table during the Job Fair event, a chance to mingle with industry insiders, as well as interact with a pool of workers seeking employment in the industry.
For Prospective Employees
There is a special price at for an all day Sunday ticket to Cannifest, only $20 if you mention the Job Fair at the box office. This offer is not good online or in combination with any other special offer, but it does allow you to go to the job fair & attend the rest of the over 15 hours at 4 stages of Cannifest Talks that will also be held on Sunday. Check out the page for schedule.